What is the Restore Hope, Build Dreams Spring Campaign for the Outreach Community Center?
Each year, the OCC Spring Dinner raises critical funding for programs that serve vulnerable youth, families and older adults in our community. This year, in place of a large in-person Dinner gathering, we are pleased to announce the “Restore Hope, Build Dreams” Spring Campaign for the Outreach Community Center.
The Restore Hope, Build Dreams Campaign provides an extraordinary opportunity to rally our community in raising much-needed support for essential youth development and family stabilization programs provided at OCC. Gifts to the campaign will help provide the financial foundation for the Center throughout the year, expanding our capacity to restore hope at a time when it is needed most and build dreams for a brighter tomorrow.
Last year was a year like no other. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected low-income families, including families and young people served at the Outreach Community Center.
OCC has been on the frontlines from the start of the pandemic. 1,474 individuals needed our help last year, and we were there…because of friends like you who believe in our mission.
In FY2020, Because of Your Support:
- 217 students benefitted from OCC Youth Development programs.
- 100% of junior high and high school students remained in good standing in school and in the community with no school suspensions, expulsions or law enforcement contacts.
- 100% of students enrolled in elementary school programs met standards for grade level.
- For the 11th consecutive year, 100% of high school seniors graduated and were accepted to college or a vocational school.
- Requests for financial hardship assistance were up over 100% in calendar year 2020 with OCC providing an unprecedented $220,000 in assistance to local families in need.
- 289 clients received counseling services. Of those that successfully completed therapy in FY 2020, 78% experienced a reduction in their symptoms and/or distress.
- 277 individuals were served through the Older Adults Program. 94% were low-income.
- 87% of older adults served received access to medical care.
You will be inspired!
To see the difference your generosity is making in the lives of those we serve and hear powerful testimonies of life transformation, we invite you to view the following video.
Together, We Can Restore Hope and Build Dreams
This year’s goal for the Restore Hope, Build Dreams Spring Campaign is $250,000 to fund life-changing youth development and family stabilization programs at OCC. This is ambitious, but the need is great, and our opportunities to make a Kingdom impact in the lives of the most vulnerable in our community are even greater.
We invite you to partner with us in making a direct impact in the lives of those we serve with a gift to the campaign. Every gift makes a difference! Every dollar received is immediately invested in holistic programs that restore hope and build dreams for vulnerable youth, families and older adults in our community.
Here’s How Your Gift Makes a Difference
- $5,000 provides an Undergraduate College Scholarship for one year for a student in the College Opportunity Program.
- $2,500 provides Counseling Services for a family for six months at OCC.
- $1,000 provides four months of participation in an After-School Program for one child.
- $500 provides a Summer Work Experience Scholarship for a junior high school student in the Superb Student Program
- $300 provides a scholarship for one month for an elementary school student to be enrolled in the JNS After-School Program at OCC.
- $100 provides support for social activities for older adults.
To provide your support, simply click on the “Give Now” button below to make a secure online gift today. If you have already given a gift, thank you!
Thank you for your support and partnership with us on this incredible journey to restore hope and build dreams for all who walk through our doors.